- Eight lamp fully automated turret with auto alignment of lamps for sequential multi-element analysis.
- Programmable flame control with ten safety interlocks provides reproducible operation with gas flows automatically set when changing methods.
- All-reflective optics for high light throughput.
- Automatic wavelength setting, 175 to 900 nm.
- Continuously adjustable slit width 0.1 to 2.0 nm in 0.1 nm increments in both normal and reduced height with automatic setting.
- Asymmetric modulation reduces noise by up to 40%.
- Hyper Pulse fast background correction provides 175-423 nm correction range, at up to 2.5 Abs.
- Coded lamp recongnition.
- Super Lamp Power Supply for 1 lamp (optional 4 lamp SLPS).
- Motorised workhead adjuster.
- Automatic burner rotation.
- USB communications.
Multi-element analysis could not be simpler!
Programmable flame control improves accuracy and ensures optimum gas flows for every element every time you open a method.
Gas flow settings are stored along with many other instrument parameters with each method. This ensures that gas flow settings are accurately reproduced every time the method is used resulting in greater analytical accuracy, trouble free operation and time savings.
Gas flow settings may also be optimized for every individual element in a multi-element analysis. These flows are automatically adjusted and flame types can also be changed automatically without any operator intervention. This is particularly important for analyses close to the detection limit.
Flame stability is enhanced because gas flow adjustment is smoothly and continuously variable across the entire operating range. This is achieved by continuously-variable needle valves controlled by micro-stepper motors, eliminating the flame pulsations which will occur in solenoid-operating systems.
Comprehensive flame control interlocks provide a safer instrument.
Safety without sacrificing any performance is what the SavantAA is all about.A full range of interlocks ensures trouble free operation even with inexperienced operators.Safety interlocks include:
- Ignition of flame is prevented if no burner is installed, or is not installed
- The flame will not change-over to a nitrous oxide-acetylene flame if the
correct burner is not installed.
- Pressure sensors on the air, acetylene and nitrous oxide gas supplies
continually monitor the pressure so that the flame will not ignite if the
pressure is too low, or the flame will be shut down if the pressure drops
while it is burning.
- The oxidant flow (air or nitrous oxide) is continuously monitored to ensure that the flame can be ignited or shut down in the correct manner if the flow is insucient. Insucient oxidant flow can result in a flashback. GBC is the only company to oer this important safety feature.
- A flame sensor shuts o the gases if the flame is extinguished for any reason. This prevents the laboratory from filling up with gas.
- An integral liquid trap with built-in liquid level sensor prevents ignition or shuts down the flame if there is insufficient liquid in the trap.
- Sensors on both the nebulizer bung and pressure relief bung ensure that they are correctly in place. Ignition is prevented or the flame is correctly shut down if either of the bungs is not
- A mains power sensor shuts down the flame in the correct sequence if the power supplied to the instrument is interrupted.
The optical design is the heart of any spectrometer, and at GBC we have a long history of quality optical systems.
The large, self-calibrating 333 mm (focal length) monochromator has been specifically designed to provide the high light throughput and stability needed for atomic absorption.
Spectral bandwidth is continuously adjustable between 0.1 and 2 nm (in 0.1 nm inctrements) and, for furnace work, reduced slit height is available with all slit widths. A wide-range photomultiplier tube covers the full wavelength range (175–900 nm).
The SavantAA range provides unmatched optical performance by:
- The use of the most ecient all-reflective optics (not inferior lenses).
- The use of minimal optical components (to ensure maximum light throughput).
- The monochromator is designed for maximum effciency for all wavelengths.
- The unique Asymmetric Modulation to improve signal to noise ratio.
Conventional double beam instruments measure the light in both the sample and reference beams for equal duration, Asymmetric Modulation allows the light in the sample compartment to be measured for twice the duration of the sample beam measurement. As the sample compartment is the area in which all the noise is generated in any AAS, Asymmetric Modulation improves the signal-to-noise ratio by as much as 40%. This results in unmatched performance in both sensitivity and detection limit.
Hyper-Pulse background correction
The Hyper-Pulse background corrector, available on the SavantAA and SavantAA Σ – one of the fastest systems available, has been further improved by pulse interpolation. This allows for more accurate interpolation of “Transient Signals” such as GF signals. High intensity deuterium arc lamp provides 175–425 nm correction range. With all background correction systems, there is a small time delay between the measurement of background and total absorbance.
When the Background is changing very rapidly, as is often the case with graphite furnace work, this delay can lead to an error in the background corrected reading. Systems with slower sampling rates and longer delay times show greater errors.
Most background correctors measure the background absorbance 50 or 60 times per second and the delay between the measurement of background and total absorbance can be as much as 10 milliseconds.
The GBC Hyper-Pulse system takes 200 (50 Hz) or 240 (60 Hz) sample measurements per second and the delay between the measurement of background and total absorbance is about 1 millisecond. This produces a dramatic reduction in background correction errors. Accuracy is further improved by interpolating between background measurements to calculate the background when the atomic signal is measured.
This system also allows correction for higher background levels than most systems – up to 2.5 total absorbance.
improving the productivity of your laboratory.
The SavantAA Σ is controlled by the SavantAA Windows® based software offering the ultimate combination of power and simplicity.