AlphaE radon meter is an electronic handheld device for fast and time-resolved radon monitoring in buildings, outdoors and in mines. Typically, 80% of the final result is achieved after 2 hours (faster response for higher values).
Due to its ultra-lightweight design and sophisticated features, AlphaE is also highly suited to survey personal radon exposure and doses in workplaces.
The AlphaE’s favorable price-performance ratio makes it useful for service companies engaged in radon assessment and mitigation as well as for users in private homes.
Up to 6 months of battery life allows for long-term measurement without mains power. Permanent operations via mains supply are possible via USB port.
- Diffusion chamber with silicon diode
- From 20 Bq/m3 to 10 MBq/3
Instrument calibrator error:
Sensitivity of detector:
- 3 cph at 100 Bq/m3
- Adjustable from 1 min to 12 hours
- 8,500 data sets (ca. from 6 to 4,250 days, depending on set measuring cycle)
- up to 6 months (rechargeable via USB)
- USB, cable incl. charging unit
- Air temperature, humidity and pressure, tamper detection
- 6 digit LCD + 5 digit alphanumeric, backlight
- 108 x 68 x 30 mm3
- 165 g
AlphaE offers users the following features:
- Fast measurements
- Time-resolved measurement for exact radon determination
- This ultra-small and light-weight instrument comes with an optional belt bag, an alternative for wall-mounting.
- Wide measuring range for professional use up to 10 MBq/m3
- Battery operation up to 6 months of battery life
- Cost-effective radon measurement for mitigation activities
- Based on a silicon diode diffusion chamber, the sensitivity of the detector is 3 cph at 100 Bq/m³.
- 80% of the final result is achieved after 2 hours (faster response for higher values).
- Low radon levels below 100 Bq/m³ can also thus be measured as specified by the latest World Health Organization recommendations.
- The calculation of the dose is performed based on user-settable factors for equilibrium and dose conversion.
Several options are available according to customer needs:
- Wall support
- Belt Pouch
- Protection case against dust
- Silicon bag against high humidity
- DataVIEW Light (included) and DataVIEW PRO Software