The FA includes a rapid quick change system with which operators can quickly and easily change accessories, quickly switching between cylinder, block, cube and beam specimen testing.
The digital display has a straightforward design using a mem-brane keypad and an LCD display to let operators select the test parameters simply and efficiently.
A pace bar graph on the display allows operators to finely tune the loading during the test, and as a further convenience, the display stores up to 2000 tests.
The FA series have an additional, unique, feature in that they can be conected to PC running our Horizon software and the test and machine controlled by computer. At the same time, Horizon software will generate and display load, or stress, vs time graphs; additionally complete SPC analyses are available.
|Model||Capacity||Horizontal clearance||Vertical clearance||Piston stroke||Lower platen diameter|
1. These models conform to all relevant European CE Health and Safety Directives EN 50081-1, 580081-1, 73/23/EEC, EN 61010-1.
2. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
3. Appropriate brick platens can be supplied as an option.
4. A set of spacers to suit stated specimen sizes are supplied with the machine.
Model TO317E-FA – with a maximum testing capacity of 450,000lbf or 2000kN. This machine is primarily designed for the testing of 4in (100mm) and 6in (150mm) concrete cubes, 100mm and 150mm concrete cylinders.
The Tinius Olsen FA Series of digital compression testers features highly robust frames for exceptional stability when testing concrete cylinders or cubes. These compact testers are made up of three core pieces: the heavy duty load frame, hydraulic pump, and control and display systems.
The large lower bearing block includes a bellows to prevent leaks caused by dust and debris getting into the loading piston. The other advantage of this large bearing block is that it allows for a wide horizontal entrance opening and plenty of ready access for loading and removing specimens.
This series also includes the rapid change platen system with which operators can quickly and easily change accessories, quickly switching between cylinder, block, cube and beam specimen testing.
The hydraulic pumping system is attached to the loadframe and connected to the piston by a high pressure hydraulic hose. The rate of loading and piston return on test completion is controlled automatically by the controller.
While these machines are ideally positioned to test cubes and cylinders, testing can be taken to another level by adding a flexure testing attachment that will work with the pumping unit in the TO317E-FA frame. After installing a simple manual valve system, you are ready to test the flexural strength of concrete beams, up to 100kN (22,000lbf) maximum load.
Alternatively, a different attachment for testing the compression of hollow prisms can be attached to the main test frame. This attachment, model TO314-LU-SPL, can test up to three stacks of hollow prisms.
The FA Series features front and rear doors for easy loading of cylinders and also brushing out of broken specimens to the rear. The rear also features a debris chute that doubles as protection for the hydraulic hose and valve connections.
Further safety features include physical limit switches, electronic limit switches and emergency panic button to ensure that your investment lasts for years of testing.
The FA Series comes with three controller options:
● EDI, a straightforward design using a membrane keypad and an LCD display to let operators select the test parameters simply and efficiently.
● A more advanced system with 10in TFT resistive touchscreen display. Easy to read and operate, it features simple and logical input screens and displays a real-time graph of test load vs time.
● The FA Series can also be conected to a PC running TO’s Horizon software and the test and machine controlled by computer. At the same time, Horizon software will generate and display load, or stress, vs time graphs; complete SPC analyses are also available.