Q2 ION – Metals Analysis made easy
Its design makes Q2 ION very compact and ultra light. It can easily be brought to a nearby site for analysis. Despite its low weight, it is suitable for applications in rugged environment.
Q2 ION also defines new standards in ease-of-use. Place your sample onto the
spark stand and press the start button or simply touch the screen. In less than thirty seconds you get the complete elemental composition of your metal. The patented Flat Field optical system is a masterpiece of optics design with maximum stability. The high-definition CCD detector & ClearSpectrum® technology offer best-in-class analytical performance.
Next Generation Platform – new Elemental.Suite
The controller of the Q2 ION now runs Elemental.Suite, the new hard- & software platform for Bruker Elemental analyzers. Already in use on the Q4 MOBILE, the software has further developed into stationary applications, bringing along many of the mobile features into the laboratory world. Elemental.Suite has a strong backbone; a Linux controller and an SQL database are professional components to ensure stability and performance.
Outstanding Analytical Performance
The Q2 ION quickly gained high reputation for its outstanding analytical performance in this class. The new generation now has a further enhanced analytical portfolio with more elements and calibrations. Also the overall analytical performance is improved.
The new Q2 ION – the perfect symbiosis of simplicity and analytical performance !
Analytical Solution Packages (ASP)
- Different matrix calibration packages available
- ASPs cover all major elements & alloy groups
- Argon consumption 2.5l/min. during measurement
- Argon quality 4.8 (or better)
- 100 to 240 V (50/60 Hz)
- 200 W during measurement, 25 W standby
- 16 A (240 V) slow blow fuse or 25 A (100 V) slow blow fuse
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 440 (600) mm / 17 (24) inches
- Height 530 (1280) mm / 22 (50) inches
- Depth 390 (630) mm / 15 (25) inches
- Weight ~ 28 (115) kg / ~ 62 (254) lbs
*values in (brackets) refer to floorstanding version
- Iron & Steel and its alloys
- Aluminum and its alloys
- Copper and its alloys
- Further applications upon request
Today Q2 ION is one of the smallest and lightest ultra-compact spark emission spectrometer for metal analysis available.