Watch our Q4 MOBILE Video
- Special power management, supports all forms of power supplies
- Hybrid cable allowing longer, lighter, more flexible probe cabling
- Thermal stability without warm-up times and instant availability
- Combined arc/spark pistol with quick adapter change
Q4 MOBILE is one of the most compact and lightest integrated spectrometers. Even battery may already be built-in (option) and the 24 kg unit can run independent from mains supply. The ultra-light probe, the light hybrid cable make this configuration very handy. For special tasks, various cable lengths are available.
The mobile spark spectrometer addition to the Bruker product portfolio falls into the tradition of high-end performance. The patented optic, source generator, orthogonal plasma observation, combined with latest spectra deconvolution algorithms provide an analytical performance close to laboratory instruments. For challenging applications covering the UV elements, such as S and P, a UV probe is optionally available.
The application areas are diverse. Besides inspection of incoming goods — the quick testing of coils on the truck, for example — the PMI test is the classic application. The portability of the Q4 MOBILE allows inspection away from the lab, giving convenient access to incoming goods. Contract laboratories and inspectors can easily transport the instrument directly to the job for on-site analysis. Unsorted scrap, including carbon steels, can be quickly tested in the scrap yard. With the help of the analysis the various alloys can be differentiated and valuable and precious material delivered to customers.
Q4 MOBILE closes the gap between Bruker‘ s stationary OES and handheld XRF. If there is a requirement for metal sorting, alloy identification, PMI testing, or on-site analysis, then Q4 MOBILE is the right choice.
Patented Optical System
- Un-coated CCD detectors with lowest dark current
- ClearSpectrum® technology for advanced spectra deconvolution
- Active Ambient Compensation (AAC)
Analytical Solution Packages (ASP)
- Different matrix calibration packages available for arc/spark
- ASPs cover all major elements & alloy groups
- Upgradable for future expansion
- Maintenance-free, two phase PWM Generator
- Low ripple ARC max. 5A
- Frequency 50 to 1000 Hz (spark model)
- Orthogonal Spark View / cable length 4m / 10m
- Combined arc/spark probe with quick-change
- Ultra-light probe (780 g)
- Integrated display
- -10°C to 50°C, 14°F to 122°F
- Intuitive Windows® based software with 12.1“ touch-screen for simple routine operation
- Various user levels for secure and task-specific operations
- Working modes for sorting, PMI, and quantitative analysis
- Alloy library for grade definitions
- SQL result database with various export formats
- Power Supply: 80-230 V
- 12 – 30 V DC, max. 260W, Power Management
- Dimensions: 507x530x310 mm, 19.9×20.9×12.2″ (WxDxH)
- Weight: 24 kg (52.9 lbs.)
The Q4 MOBILE is a mobile optical emission spectrometer for all fields of applications in metal sorting, positive Material Identification (PMI), and analysis.
- Metall sorting
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- On-site analysis