D8 ADVANCE Eco
Full-sized goniometer class powder XRD under ambient and non-ambient conditions.
D8 ADVANCE Twin
Best powder XRD performance with push-button switching to amorphous and polycrystalline thin-film analysis under ambient and non-ambient conditions.
D8 ADVANCE Plus
The perfect XRD solution for all samples including epitaxial thin films under ambient and non-ambient conditions.
D8 ADVANCE for XRD²
State-of-the-art XRD² solutions enable data collection in both 2Theta and Gamma direction to provide additional information about the properties of crystalline samples.
D8 ADVANCE for Stress
Rely on expert XRD solutions for measuring stress and texture in machined parts, bulk and thin film samples.
D8 ADVANCE for Structure Analysis
Extract structural information by applying X-Ray Powder Diffraction (XRPD) including Rietveld (TOPAS) analysis, diffuse or “total” scattering (PDF analysis), and Small Angle X-Ray Scattering (SAXS).
Dynamic Beam Optimization
Dynamic Beam Optimization (DBO) provides best in class powder diffraction data by setting new benchmarks in terms of counting statistics and peak-to-background ratio, all without the need for manual instrument reconfiguration.
D8 ADVANCE with DBO
Dynamic Beam Optimization sets a new benchmark in terms of powder diffraction data quality
The high-speed energy-dispersive LYNXEYE XE-T detector uniquely combines fast data collection with unprecedented filtering of fluorescence and Kβ radiation. Its proprietary Variable Active Detector Window and the Motorized Anti-Scatter Screen (MASS) enable data collection from lowest 2Th angles without parasitic low-angle background scattering, in particular air scattering. The fully automated MASS retraction avoids beam cropping, even in combination with continuously variable slits that provide superb counting statistics over the whole angular range.
- Superb counting statistics allows for faster data collection and increased sample throughput
- No parasitic low-angle background scattering massively improves data quality of pharma, clay, zeolite and other samples having a large unit cell
- Best peak-to-background enhances sensitivity for minor phases
- Full quantification of crystalline and amorphous phases with DIFFRAC.TOPAS
Motorized Anti-Scatter Screen
The knife edge position is automatically optimized to achieve maximum suppression of parasitic scatter while not cropping the beam at any angles 2Th.
Superior data quality with DBO
NIST SRM 8486 (Ordinary Portland Clinker) without (blue scan) and with Motorized Anti-Scatter Screen (red scan). All other measurement conditions left identical.
TRIO – Three in One
The TRIO™ optic is the key component of the D8 ADVANCE Plus, meeting the specific demands on the instrument resolution of the three most commonly used X-ray diffraction geometries in one single optic:
- Divergent beam for conventional powder diffraction (XRPD)
- High intensity parallel beam for capillary experiments, height insensitive measurements, surface sensitive grazing incidence geometry (GID), coating thickness determination (XRR) and micro-diffraction (μXRD)
- Pure Cu-Kα1 parallel beam for high-resolution diffraction (HRXRD) of epitaxial thin films and low symmetry powder samples
D8 ADVANCE Plus with TRIO optics
With full user convenience in mind, the TRIO optic features motorized switching between the three primary beam geometries and fully software-controlled instrument alignment without manual user intervention via unrivalled SmartCalibTM intelligence.
Grazing incidence geometry
Grazing incidence geometry for optimum polycrystalline thin film diffraction
XRR to determine film thickness from 0.1 nm up to 250 nm
Bragg-Brentano geometry for unparalleled powder diffraction
2-bounce channel-cut monochromator offering superb resolution at high intensity on epitaxial samples
DAVINCI Design – uncompromised ease-of-use
The DAVINCI design is the D8 ADVANCE’s landmark as a uniquely modular system. From the X-ray tube, through optics and sample stages all the way to the detectors, any user – even a novice – is capable of changing from one beam geometry to another or exchanging individual components with no trouble at all. Therefore, our D8 ADVANCE offers unparalleled adaptability to any conceivable application in X-ray diffraction.
SNAP-LOCK change of optics
- Push-button change of TWIN and TRIO optics with software-controlled SmartCalib
- SNAP-LOCK switch to dedicated optics or different wavelengths
- Real-time component recognition and status display
- Smart solutions for sample mounting and positioning making daily work easier
Push-button change of TWIN and TRIO optics
Best Instrument Quality – Guaranteed!
- Lifetime Alignment Guarantee through instrument performance verification with most recent NIST corundum standard SRM 1976
- Solid and maintenance-free goniometer design ensures instrument performance throughout its lifetime
- IQ/OQ procedures for regulated industries such as the pharmaceutical industry
- Detector Guarantee, all detection elements fully working