This autonomous gamma probe is specially designed to cover the needs of first responders in an emergency scenario.
Based on the proven GammaTRACER design, the GammaTRACER Spider radiation monitor provides reliable measurement of the gamma dose rate and wireless data transmission to the crisis center by using SkyLINK/ShortLINK radio or Iridium satellite modem.
As public telecom infrastructure might be affected by overload or wide-ranging power breakdown, GammaTRACER is the solution for emergency applications.
The compact design and innovative self-deployable system enclosure facilitate deployment & radiation monitoring in a short period of time, which is particularly important for emergency use and roll-out in contaminated areas. The probe can be dropped out of a vehicle or pushed out through a lock or outlet. Exposure to personnel can thus be significantly reduced. Alternatively, deployment by a remote-controlled drone or by parachute is possible.
- X and Gamma
- 2 energy-compensated Geiger-Mueller tubes
Dose rate measurement range:
- from 20 nSv/h to 1 Sv/h (optional 10 Sv/h)
- From 1 to 120 minutes
- From 45 keV to 2 MeV (IEC60846-1:2009)
- up to 12,000 data sets
- GPS, temperature, movement
From – 20 °C to + 50 °C / -4°F to 122°F (optional -30 °C to +60 °C / -22°F to 140°F)
- 4 years without data transmission (rechargeable battery), up to 3 years with data transmission
- Infrared, ShortLINK/SkyLINK radio module, Iridium satellite modem
- IP 68 (hermetically sealed housing)
Easy to deploy:
- With its ultra-compact self-deployable system, the GammaTRACER Spider is very simple to deploy, and provides maximum protection for first responders.
- Emergency-proof communication options SkyLINK/ShortLINK radio (up to 100 km/60 miles) or satellite modem (Iridium) make it a good solution for emergency applications.
- Its rechargeable battery (up to four years of operation), built-in GPS and wide measurement range (20 nSv/h to 10 Sv/h) make it perfectly suited to the very fast extension of monitoring networks (in combination with other GammaTRACER or SpectroTRACER probes for instance).
Based on the proven GammaTRACER design, the GammaTRACER Spider also has its energy-saving chip technology. The hermetically sealed weatherproof probe, housing the GM detectors as well as all electronic components, operates completely autonomously and is independent of any physical connections, thus resisting extreme climatic and environmental conditions.
Built-in SkyLINK/ShortLINK radio modem for data transmission up to 100 km/60 miles (SkyLINK), 5 km/3 miles (ShortLINK), depending on site conditions. Built-in Iridium satellite modem, worldwide coverage. Redundant server topology for high availability requirements. Transport and storage case.